About School Safety in Summit
As the School Safety and Security Liaison, the Summit P.D.:
- Facilitates training
- Conducts safety assessments
- Reviews communications protocols
- Serves as an always-ready consultation resource for the Summit Board of Education and the various private educational institutions located throughout the City
The Police Department is proud to support the City's public and private schools in providing an enriching, global learning environment for their students.
In order ensure this environment is maintained, the Department conducts continual training throughout the calendar year that focuses on the most advanced law enforcement strategies available to address school-based threats and security-related concerns.
In addition to conducting advanced Officer training, the Community Policing Unit coordinates a variety of educational programs and support services, which assist the Board of Education and the City's private institutions in assessing their schools' security initiatives and safety preparedness.
The following programs are offered by the Unit in order to further the Police Department's mission of working with City schools to provide a safe learning environment for students, faculty, and staff.
*Please call to schedule any of the following programs for your school or organization:
- Faculty and staff training
- Communication and technology assessments
- Campus safety and security assessments