The Dial-A-Truck program (bulky item curbside pickup) is an appointment-only service designed to assist the residents of Summit with the disposal of large/bulky items at no cost.
After reviewing the collection schedule below for the next available pick-up date, a Dial-A-Truck appointment may be made by contacting the Department of Community Services at 908-273-6404 or by sending the following information by email after which a department representative will be in touch with a confirmation number and a relisting of the instructions below to prepare the item(s) for collection:
- Phone number
- 5 items (or less) for pick-up
CLICK HERE or on the flyer image to download the Dial-A-Truck informational flyer. You may also scroll down to learn more and for instructions on booking your curbside pick-up appoint.
- Items must be too large to fit into a passenger vehicle. Only those items you list at the time of your booking will be picked up.
- Construction debris from renovation projects and business trash are NOT permitted for Dial-A-Truck collection.
There are specific collection restrictions such as construction materials, hazardous materials, propane tanks, unsealed mattresses, etc. If you have questions or concerns about acceptable products, please contact the Department of Community Services at (908) 273-6404.
- Items for Dial-a-Truck collection must be placed out at curbside after 6pm the evening prior to your scheduled pickup.
- Landlords and businesses are not eligible to utilize this service.
- Any non-bulky items or general trash may be disposed of at the City of Summit Transfer Station.
- Tenants vacating apartments must schedule a pickup prior to leaving items curbside where the same Dial-A-Truck rules apply.
- Dial-A-Truck is limited to 5 items per appointment.
- Mattresses & box springs must be sealed in plastic.
- Doors must be removed from refrigerators / freezers BEFORE being left at the curb.
- Propane tanks must be removed from grills BEFORE being left at the curb.
Please note that leaving unauthorized items at the curb OR authorized items at the curb ahead of the evening prior to your pick-up is a violation of the City of Summit Property Maintenance Code and may result in a summons/fine.
|Dial-A-Truck Dates *|
|November 22, 2023 - CLOSED|
|December 14, 2023|
|January 4, 2024|
|January 25, 2024|
|February 15, 2024|
|March 7, 2024|
|March 28, 2024|
|April 18, 2024|
|May 9, 2024|
|May 30, 2024|
|June 20, 2024|
|July 11, 2024|
|August 1, 2024|
|August 22, 2024|
|September 12, 2024|
|October 3, 2024|
|October 24, 2024|
|November 14, 2024|
|December 5, 2024|
|December 26, 2024|
January 16, 2025