The Dial-A-Truck program (bulk waste curbside pick-up) is an appointment-only service designed to assist the residents of Summit with the disposal of large/bulky items at no cost. A Dial-A-Truck appointment may be made by contacting the Department of Community Services at 908-273-6404.
CLICK HERE or on the flyer image to download the Dial-A-Truck informational flyer. You may also scroll down to learn more and for instructions on booking your curbside pick-up appoint.
- Items must be too large to fit into a passenger vehicle. Only those items you list at the time of your booking will be picked up.
- Construction debris from renovation projects and business trash are NOT permitted for Dial-A-Truck collection.
There are specific collection restrictions such as construction materials, hazardous materials, propane tanks, unsealed mattresses, etc. If you have questions or concerns about acceptable products, please contact the Department of Community Services at (908) 273-6404.
- Items for Dial-a-Truck collection must be placed out at curbside after 6pm the evening prior to your scheduled pickup.
- Landlords and businesses are not eligible to utilize this service.
- Any non-bulky items or general trash may be disposed of at the City of Summit Transfer Station.
- Tenants vacating apartments must schedule a pickup prior to leaving items curbside where the same Dial-A-Truck rules apply
- Dial-A-Truck is limited to 5 items per appointment
- Mattresses & box springs must be sealed in plastic
- Propane tanks must be removed from grills BEFORE being left at the curb
Please note that leaving unauthorized items at the curb is a violation of the City of Summit Property Maintenance Code and may result in a summons/fine.
|Dial-A-Truck Dates *|
|January 7, 2021 - CLOSED|
|January 28, 2021 - CLOSED|
|February 18, 2021 - CLOSED|
|March 11, 2021 - CLOSED|
|April 1, 2021 - CLOSED|
|April 22, 2021 - CLOSED|
|May 13, 2021 - CLOSED|
|June 3, 2021 - CLOSED|
|June 24, 2021 - CLOSED|
|July 15, 2021 - CLOSED|
|August 5, 2021 - CLOSED|
|August 26, 2021 - CLOSED|
|September 9, 2021 - Ida Flood Damaged Materials Only - CLOSED|
|September 16, 2021 - CLOSED|
|October 7, 2021 - CLOSED|
|October 28, 2021|
|November 18, 2021|
|December 9, 2021|
|December 30, 2021|
|January 20, 2022|