The Summit Board of Health is responsible for assessing the status of public health in the community, developing policies and programs to meet public health needs.
We contract with the Westfield Regional Health Department to provide public and environmental health services to the City of Summit.
Services provided in Summit by the Westfield Regional Health Department include:
- Inspection and permits for food establishments. This includes all outdoor and temporary vendors as well as other businesses and organizations that handle food.
- Other inspections such as public swimming pools, youth camps and kennels.
- Response to health and environmental complaints.
- Communicable disease investigation and immunization clinics.
- Community education on health issues.
The Summit Board of Health is resuming its normal summer hour schedule. Its hours are: Monday-Thursday from 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM to 12:45 PM
The Summit Board of Health provides oversight for the Westfield Regional Health Departments activities in Summit and to the City of Summit Office of Health & Vital Statistics.