Union County, NJ – As the flu season approaches, Union County is offering a series of free flu shot drives in local communities to help ensure that everyone has access to a free seasonal flu vaccine at a convenient location, especially residents who have no health insurance. Protection against seasonal flu is more important than ever before due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The goal of the free flu shot drive is to ensure that every Union County resident can get a flu shot this year, even if they have no health insurance. The free flu shot drive is open to Union County residents age four and up.
The following dates have been scheduled for the Union County flu shot drive. Each event will take place from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Participation is on a walk-up basis, first come first served:
· Oct. 1 – Elizabeth (Peterstown Community Center, 408 Palmer Street)
· Oct. 8 – Plainfield (Plainfield Performing Arts Center, 1111 East 2nd Street)
· Oct. 15 – Hillside (Hillside Community Center, 274 Hillside Avenue)
· Oct. 22 – Roselle (Abraham Clark High School, 122 East 6th Street)
· Oct. 29 – Westfield (location to be determined)
· Nov. 5 – Summit (Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Avenue)
· Nov. 12 – Linden (location to be determined)
· Nov. 19 – Rahway (Rahway Recreation Center, 275 East Milton Street)
Persons who have a fever, coughing, sneezing, or other signs of illness will not be admitted to a flu drive site. Residents who are experiencing symptoms of illness should check with their doctor.
For additional updates visit the Upcoming Flu Drives page on the County website, at ucnj.org.