The Summit Police Department is implementing increased security measures to ensure the safety of pedestrians and everyone attending the July 4, 2019 fireworks celebration at Soldier's Memorial Field. Beginning at approximately 7PM on Thursday, July 4, several roadways around Memorial Field will be fully closed to vehicular traffic until the completion of the fireworks display. Residents living on the streets that will be closed at 7PM are asked to plan ahead if expecting guests or if needing to use a vehicle to leave a residence after 7PM. All vehicles attempting to enter or leave the restricted area after 7PM will be prohibited from doing so with NO EXCEPTIONS. Emergency vehicles will have access, if necessary.
Roadways affected by the mandatory closures include:
• Tulip Street between Ashland Road and Watchung Place
• Myrtle Avenue between Larned Road and Tulip Street
• Larned Road between Mountain Avenue and Myrtle Avenue
• Parkview Terrace between Larned Road and Clearview Drive
• Clearview Drive between Parkview Terrace at the 90° bend
We thank you for your patience and wish you a happy and safe Independence Day.