To help promote area businesses and encourage local shopping this holiday season, the City of Summit Parking Services Agency is partnering with Summit Downtown, Inc. to implement a number of parking modifications and incentives in the Central Retail Business District through the start of the new year.
- Thursday, November 23 through Saturday, November 25 are designated as parking holidays in downtown Summit with no fees required in lots or at meters.
- From Tuesday, November 28 to Friday, December 22 (Tuesday to Friday) from 10AM to 9PM free valet service will be provided in the Springfield Avenue Tier Garage with the purchase of daily parking. Employees and shoppers will be able to text or call ahead to have their vehicle waiting when business in Summit is complete. Users of the Parkmobile app will receive push notifications to utilize valet parking when in the downtown.
- From December 11 to December 23, 90-minute street meters in the center of downtown will be bagged, offering complimentary parking with a 90-minute time limit strictly enforced to encourage turnover and deter long-term parking.
- Monday, December 25, 2017 is designated as a parking holiday in Summit with no fees required in lots or at meters.
- Monday, January 1, 2018 is designated as a parking holiday in Summit with no fees required in lots or at meters.
“The holiday season is an excellent time to implement parking incentives to encourage people to spend time and money in downtown Summit,” explains Summit Mayor Nora Radest. “It will be a boost for local merchants and enhance the experience of visiting our downtown.”
For more information on parking in Summit, please contact the Parking Services Agency at email@example.com or 908-522-5100.