Due to Amtrak track repair work over the course of the upcoming summer, the Morris & Essex Midtown Direct service schedules to and from New York Penn Station will be modified, effective July 10 through September 1. Morris & Essex customers will receive about a 50 percent discount off the Hoboken fare, and will be able to utilize cross-honoring alternatives in Hoboken. This discount will be based on the origin and the destination of the Morris & Essex customer’s travel.
Below is the overall rail service plan for customers who will be traveling into New York Penn Station and Hoboken Terminal this summer.
NJ TRANSIT Service Plan for July 10 - September 1
The following weekday rail service plan will be in place continuously from July 10 through September 1.
- Midtown Direct trains on the Morristown Line will be diverted to Hoboken.
- Midtown Direct trains on the Gladstone Branch will be diverted to Hoboken.
- All Midtown Direct trains on the Montclair-Boonton Line will operate on regular weekday schedules with minor time changes to/from Penn Station New York.
- All Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast Line trains will operate on regular weekday schedules with minor time changes to/from Penn Station New York.
- Raritan Valley Line will operate on regular weekday schedules with adjustments to Penn Station New York schedules.
- Main/Bergen, Pascack Valley and Port Jervis Lines will operate on regular weekday schedules however customers may need to adjust their connections to New York at Secaucus.
NJ TRANSIT’s regular weekend service will remain in effect through the summer Amtrak Track repair work.
NJ TRANSIT will provide updated information as it becomes available on njtransit.com. NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system (www.njtransit.com/mytransit), which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone. More information on the modified service plan is available here on the NJ TRANSIT website.