Summit Police Department is reporting the arrest of Jaime Tapia-Lobos, 33, of Irvington, NJ, the suspect from the Park Avenue shooting reported on Saturday morning, June 24.
Detectives from the Summit Police Department, Union County Prosecutor’s Office, and New Jersey State Police located and arrested Jaime Tapia-Lobos at Front and Grant Streets in Plainfield, NJ. He was transported to the Summit Police Department where he was charged with the following counts:
• First degree attempted murder
• Second degree aggravated assault
• Third degree aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
• Second degree unlawful possession of a weapon
• Second degree possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose
Mr. Tapia-Lobos will be committed to the Union County jail pending a June 26, 2023, first appearance.
For more information on the Summit Police Department, visit www.cityofsummit.org/police.
Copyright 2023 Summit, NJ. All Rights Reserved.
512 Springfield Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901Unsubscribe