The City of Summit’s 75th annual Fourth of July celebration will take place on Monday, July 4, 2022, at Soldiers Memorial Field, located at 5 Myrtle Ave. The community celebration will include entertainment, rides and amusements, and a food court.
The event will begin with a flag raising ceremony at noon, followed by a decorated bicycle parade for children at 12:15PM. Entertainment will include concerts and a magic show, beginning at 1PM and continuing until 9PM. The event will conclude with a fireworks display beginning at 9:15PM.
The walking track, playground, tennis courts, and lower fields at Memorial Field will close at 12PM to prepare for the fireworks display. Roads adjacent to the field will close to vehicle traffic at 6PM. The parking lot on Ashland Road next to the Memorial Field tennis courts will be closed all day on Monday, July 4.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 12PM Food court opens
- 12PM Flag raising ceremony
- 12:15PM Decorated bike parade for children
- Ages 3-4 line up at Parkview Terrace and Larned Road
- Ages 5-7 line up at Watchung Place and Larned Road
- Ages 8+ line up at Myrtle Ave and Larned Road
- 12:45PM Announcement of bike parade winners
- 1PM Bubble show
- 2PM Magic show with Kevin Lane
- 3PM Changing Lanes in concert
- 5PM Luke and the Troublemakers in concert
- 7:30PM Daddy Pop in concert
- 9PM Lowering of the colors
- 9:15PM Fireworks
The Fourth of July celebration is fully funded by residents and local businesses. To contribute or to view more information, please visit summitcommunityprograms.com.